Editorial Policy for EduMath
1. EduMath is an official publication of the Hong Kong Association for
Mathematics Education. It serves to set up a forum among mathematics
educators in various sectors of Hong Kong through which news from within
and without the Association can be passed around and ideas and experiences
in mathematics education can be shared.
2. EduMath accommodates articles of a wide spectrum. Essays, short notes, news,
abstracts, issues on classroom teaching, mathematical problems encountered in
teaching, etc., which can bring about awareness, promote better understanding,
and/or broadening the horizon of mathematics and mathematics education are
3. In general, EduMath would not publish articles longer than 5000 words or
those written in pseudonyms. Authors are requested to put their names and
affiliations under the titles of their articles and their e-mail addresses and
postal addresses at the end of their articles. Unless otherwise requested,
e-mail addresses of the authors will be appended at the end of their articles
when their articles were being published.
4. Manuscripts should be typed with Microsoft Word® for Windows® using the
Word 2010 docx file extension format. It should be formatted according to a
pre-set template ( Chinese template / English template ) and sent via
e-mail to email@example.com. Alternatively, a CD containing the
manuscript can be sent to the Editor of EduMath, P.O. Box 6139, G.P.O.,
Central, Hong Kong.
5. EduMath is printed in black and white. Please convert all the figures in the
manuscripts into black and white format and make sure the quality of the
figures is camera-ready. If the file size exceeds 2 MB, please send the file using
a CD to the address mentioned in 4. above.
6. Published articles do not represent the stand of the Association and authors are
responsible for all statements made in their work. Unless otherwise requested,
the Editorial reserves the right to make slight amendment to manuscripts
accepted for publication. Once published, the Association retains the copyright
of the articles.
7. Whenever copyright is involved, such as the use of illustrations or lengthy
quotes published elsewhere, authors are responsible for obtaining permission
from the respective copyright owners.
8. Do not submit the same article to EduMath and to any other publications
simultaneously. The manuscript will not be returned to the author whether it is
accepted for publication or not.
9. Three complimentary copies of the issue will be sent to the author(s) concerned
once the article is published.